Trong phần thi IELTS Speaking, việc sử dụng các native speakers’ expressions là điều cực kỳ quan trọng. Chúng có 3 tác dụng chính sau:
1. Giúp bài nói tự nhiên, trôi chảy và mượt mà hơn => Điều này luôn được đánh giá cao và là điểm cộng cho bạn đó
2. Giúp liên kết các câu trong bài nói và điều hướng bài nói
3. Giúp bạn ngưng nghỉ và nhấn nhá đúng lúc khi nói
Dưới đây là một vài native speakers’ expressions được trích dẫn từ các khóa luyện thi IELTS tại IBEST , các bạn cùng theo dõi nhé:
– sth (don’t/doesn’t) matter: điều đó, cái đó (không) quan trọng, liên quan. Well, she is pregnant with another man’s child but if you really love her, I suppose it does not really matter.
– get on well with sb: hợp cạ, có mối quan hệ tốt vs ai đó. I get on very well with my boss.
– every once in a while: sometimes but not often. Every once in a while I suddenly feel depressed for no reason.
– nowhere near: not close in distance, time, amount, quality. The house was nowhere near the beach. / It’s nowhere near the time for us to leave. / I’m nowhere near finishing the book. / He’s nowhere near as tall as his sister.
– come over to: qua (đâu đó). Come over to my house and have a drink.
– pay sb a visit: = visit sb.
– and such like: Và những thứ như thế (nhiều lúc, như trong trường hợp này, ko mang ý nghĩa gì) To be honest I don’t care one bit about movie stars and celebrities and famous singers and stuff and such like.
– make oneself busy: làm j đó cho qua thời gian. During summer holiday, I usually made myself busy learning how to cook from a cookbook. / Marathoning through Korean drama series is how we make ourselves busy these days.
– as far as I can remember: As far as I can remember, I have never missed a class of yours.
– keep on: = continue
– be taken aback (at sth): bị sốc, ngạc nhiên / I was so taken aback when Long told me he had gotten married. / I was so taken aback at the news that I couldn’t think clearly.
– practically: almost or very nearly (dùng để nhấn mạnh) / This trip cost me practically nothing. / It’s practically impossible for me to move out. / They have practically stopped talking to each other. / She is angry with me practically every time I go home late.
– a fear creeps upon me
– V (oneself) to death: làm j (bản thân) đến chết. He worked himself to death. / He drank himself to death.
– a great deal of sth: a large amount of sth. A great deal of effort was employed in this project. / She has inherited a great deal of money from her father.
– How Adj of sb (to do sth): How stupid of me to make that mistake. / How forgetful of me to forget my mother’s birthday. / How careless of me to forget to turn off the gas stove.
– to think of it now: To think of it now, my ex-girlfriend wasn’t half bad.
Tham khảo ngay các khóa học tại IBEST nhé: